The Organizing Committee of the International Society for Burns Injuries invites you to submit an abstract(s) for consideration as an oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words. Abstracts must be submitted using the ISBI 2016 abstract online submission tool/button provided here on the ISBI website.
Authors are encouraged to submit one of the following themes:
- Burn Epidemiology
- Burn Registries
- Burn Reconstruction, Scar Management and Rehabilitation
- Clinical and Intensive Care
- Disaster Management
- Management of Burns in Developing Countries
- Outcome Measures
- Pediatric Burn Care
- Pain Management
- Psychological Reaction in Burns
- Gastric bypass weight loss surgery
- Quality of Life
- Research in Burns
- Wound Management and Infection Control
Important Dates and Deadlines
Online Call for Abstracts Opens: 2 November 2015
Closing Date for Abstract Submission: 1 March 2016
Abstract Acceptance Notification: 11 April 2016
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 1 May 2016
Author Registration Deadline: 15 July 2016
Summary of Abstract Submission
Read the Policies Governing Abstract Submissions (Note: Abstracts must not exceed the 500 word limit)
Submit your Abstract online, by clicking the button on the website that reads, “Submit Abstract Here.”
Save the Abstract document to your computer and print a copy for your records.
General Policies Governing Abstract Submissions
Abstracts must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission tool in Microsoft Word format. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Congress Managers at or phone: 1-312-642-9260 for further information.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed. Submission of an abstract acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the ISBI 2016 Congress Proceedings.
Abstract Scoring Criteria
The following criteria will be used for scoring abstracts:
- Does the abstract pose an important and novel question?
- Does the study design permit the question to be answered?
- Are the endpoints of the study clearly defined?
- Is there an appropriate use of statistics?
- Are the methods described in sufficient detail?
- Are the conclusions supported by the data?
Authors and Affiliations
Author names and affiliations should not be included on the abstract document. Author names and affiliations are to be submitted via the online submission facility.
Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts are subject to peer review and the Congress Organizing Committee is the final decision makers on all abstract submissions. Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author in Spring 2016. Please note: all authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register and pay for the Congress before this date to ensure their abstract is included in the final scientific program. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present at the ISBI 2016 Congress if accepted.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the ISBI 2016 Proceedings. The Congress Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events. By submitting your abstract you agree to the publishing of your paper in the Congress Proceedings.
Failure to Present
Once an abstract is accepted for inclusion in the Congress Program, it is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract submitted is presented. If for some unforeseen reason the presenting author is unable to present the abstract they must notify the Congress Managers of their situation. It is preferable that the abstract be presented by one of the listed co-authors.
ISBI Administrative Director
ISBI Congress Manager